Alphabet- the outcome.

After collecting a selection of photographs representing nature in what I thought portrayed certain alphabet letters this was my outcome. I used Photoshop to create this poster like format and cropped down a few images to show the best part of the photograph.

What went well with this task was actually finding a place and theme I liked pretty much straight away with the help of some research into historical and more recent aspects. I think I did well to explore different angles and took into account the idea of the rule of three.

If I could undertake this task again I would be sure to make sure all of my photographs were in focus, if I had longer to complete this task I would have liked to got my photographs over a number of seasons so I could represent the change in nature. I would also have probably worked with a partner if I could so the work could be split, overall though I am pleased with my outcome.

alphabet task copy

The beginning of my journey at Bournemouth University

Over the last few days I have started a new journey as a student, met new people and even completed my first basic project. The week started with various different inductions, by the end of which I was then introduced to my fellow group B members. The project was simple enough, we were set various different locations in which we needed to get a group photograph in front of and then were scored between 1 and 10 depending on the distance we had to travel to get these pictures.

The first photographs were within the University; one in front of Talbot house and the other in front of the entrance to Pool house scoring just one point each which we managed to get done very fast. Then we drove to the Asda to complete the next photograph in front of the Railway station; with a score of 2 points. So far we thought this task was going to be easy as we had already managed to get 3 out of the five photographs done. With this we left the cars and opted to walk for around 20 minutes to get another group photograph by the hot air balloon in the Lower Gardens and also managed to find one of our lost group members along the way! The final photograph however proved to be possibly the most challenging as none of us knew where the ‘Durley Inn pub at Durley Chine’ was. Thank God for Google maps ! after what felt like the longest trek down the beautiful ¬†setting of Bournemouth beach we reached a Harvester. With no other pubs in sight but a clear sign stating we were at Durley Chine we came to the conclusion that the pub no longer existed and was now the Harvester.

Feeling relieved that we had completed stage one of the project with just the finishing touches to complete, we all had a much deserved rest and alcoholic beverage before conquering the long walk back to the car.

Now after completing our first group project, and getting to know my group I can safely say I am very much looking forward to life as a student at Bournemouth University and learning many new skills as well as taking part in as many activities as possible.

20140924_141022~2 20140924_142019~2 20140924_145727~2 20140924_150512 20140924_153244~2 20140924_155442~2